Startup Disrupt (Powered by LXVI, s.r.o.)
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Changing our Policy
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect the information you provide directly to us including when you visit our websites and/or use the Startup Disrupt Product.
- For example, we collect information when you enter into an agreement with Startup Disrupt as a customer, create or modify your profile and account, access and use the Startup Disrupt Service (including but not limited to when you upload, download, or share information), participate in any interactive features of the Startup Disrupt Service, submit a contact form, participate in a survey, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites. You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your Product account preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address), your registration for and attendance at events, your newsletter subscriptions, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Startup Disrupt Product account profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, the information you provide may reveal your gender). We also store information that you upload or provide to the Startup Disrupt Services (“Content”) in order to provide you with the features and functionality of the Startup Disrupt Service.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Startup Disrupt Service. When you access or use the Startup Disrupt Service, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage, Log, and Device Information: We collect information from your use of the Startup Disrupt Service such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, and the referral URL. We monitor user activity in connection with the Startup Disrupt Service and may collect information about the features you use, the Content you upload, download, share, or access while using the Startup Disrupt Service, the Content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Startup Disrupt Service.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the Startup Disrupt Service for the limited purpose of providing the Startup Disrupt Service and related functionality and services for which Startup Disrupt has been engaged. The information may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Startup Disrupt Service;
- Enable you to access and use the Startup Disrupt Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about Startup Disrupt and our select partners;
- Process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Startup Disrupt Service and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Startup Disrupt Service, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Startup Disrupt Service, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Startup Disrupt Service; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- To Vendors, Consultants, and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing or as it relates to a Product feature. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Startup Disrupt.
- In Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) to enforce our agreements and policies; (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Startup Disrupt Service; (d) to protect Startup Disrupt, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) as otherwise directed by you.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You may be notified thereafter via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- As Aggregated and/or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access an asset on our website, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event so that they may contact you and offer your discounts or other offerings of their services. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to such sharing when you register to the event or by asking you to scan your attendee badge at a sponsor booth. In these circumstances, your information will be processed in accordance with the sponsors’ privacy statements. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose to not opt-in to such sharing when signing up as a member. You may also elect to not have your badge scanned when at an event.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Startup Disrupt Service offers collaboration features which allow you to share your Content through the Startup Disrupt Service. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Startup Disrupt Service, and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with.
Global Data Privacy Protection
Currently, Startup Disrupt uses model contract clauses as the basis for it’s an approach to global data privacy protection and compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC. These contractual clauses provide adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and as regards the exercise of the corresponding rights.
You may access your Product account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised in any way. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password to us.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your Product account is active or as needed to provide you with the Startup Disrupt Service. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Startup Disrupt will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Startup Disrupt will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt-out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Startup Disrupt by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Startup Disrupt Service or those about your Product account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Startup Disrupt Service.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may place links on the Startup Disrupt Service, including the Startup Disrupt blog. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our Website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Startup Disrupt. We encourage you to review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Startup Disrupt Service is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Please note, if you are under the age of 13, you may not use our website, products, or services.
Startup Disrupt (LXVI, s.r.o.)
Reg. ID: 242 56 277
Rybná 716/24, Prague 1
110 00, Czech Republic